In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I interview Lisa McCarthy, co-founder and CEO of the Fast Forward Group. Lisa has designed a groundbreaking system that’s already changed the lives of over 100,000 professionals across industries, from tech giants like Google and Amazon to financial institutions like JP Morgan Chase.
Her book, “Fast Forward: Five Principles to Create the Life You Want in Just One Year,” lays out the actionable steps for transforming your career and personal life within a year. Today, we dive deep into these power principles and discuss the urgency of a one-year timeline.
The essence of the Fast Forward system lies in its practicality and time-bound nature. A one-year plan, as opposed to more extended timelines, offers a sense of immediacy and accountability. The system challenges you to declare a vivid and specific vision, take immediate actions, and assume control over various facets of your life. With a balance between professional and personal growth, the Fast Forward system underscores the importance of being the driver—not just the passenger—in your life’s journey.
Questions I ask Lisa McCarthy:
- [01:22] What’s the idea behind creating your life in a year?
- [02:49] Why a one-year plan instead of a three to five-year plan?
- [03:52] What is the ‘power principle’?
- [05:26] What is the reasoning behind having people declare a bold vision for their lives?
- [10:00] The second principle is to reframe your negative stories. How do people flip the switch on that?
- [15:17] Can you provide examples of coaching people from their current language to more action-oriented language?
- [20:58] Where can people connect with you to learn more about your work or pick up a copy of your book?
More About Lisa McCarthy:
Get Your Free AI Prompts To Build A Marketing Strategy:
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!