In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I interview Liz Elting, the co-founder and CEO of the award-winning TransPerfect. TransPerfect is the world’s largest provider of language and business solutions, boasting over $1.1 billion in revenue and offices in over 100 cities around the globe. Additionally, she is the founder of the Elizabeth Elting Foundation, a non-profit organization created to break down systemic barriers and foster systemic change for women and other underserved communities.
She has been named one of Forbes’ Richest Self-Made Women every year since the list’s inception. Currently, she is the author of the upcoming book, DREAM BIG AND WIN: Translating Passion into Purpose and Creating a Billion-Dollar Business, and is a contributor at Forbes and SWAAY.
Almost any dream can become a reality with the right mindset and strategies. Learn how setting goals with deadlines, embracing constant innovation, and empowering women can lead to billion-dollar success. Liz’s journey from starting TransPerfect to her philanthropic endeavors serves as an inspiring roadmap for aspiring entrepreneurs and leaders. Dream big, take action, and win!
Questions I ask Liz Elting:
- (01:12): What motivated you to establish TransPerfect, and how does that tie into the reason you wrote your book?
- (04:05): What were some of the most challenging lessons you had to learn as you grew your company?
- (08:17): How would someone take it beyond just the dream into reality?
- (10:20): How do you balance or weigh the importance of taking risks?
- (11:26): What advice do your have for those aspiring to launch the next Google? Where can they find big ideas?
- (12:50): How have you adapted TransPerfect to meet changing global trends? How can others do this?
- (15:03): Was philanthropy a goal or a happy side effect of your success?
- (17:40): Do you see being a woman in your field as an advantage or disadvantage? How has it shaped your experience?
More About Liz Elting:
Get Your Free AI Prompts To Build A Marketing Strategy:
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!